Thursday, August 4, 2011

July 21 - German International Round 1

Having played golf all my life, I would like to say I have the first tee jitters under control.  Not today.  My first round I'm paired with Staben and Quintarelli, who drew a gallery before the first tee shot was even hit.   We begin on the 10th, Par 5: rather tight with water hazard right, forest left.  Staben is first - a 300 bomb down the middle.  Quinta, second to bat - a low bullet fairway splitter.  My turn.  Although my thoughts of "time to show these little muppets who you are" were seemingly positive, borderline arrogant, the outcome was none other than a solid push fade right smack into the hazard.  The sighs of the crowd were the only thing louder than my heart beat.  Staben eagles the first, Quinta birdies and I hole a 15 footer for Par, avoiding disaster.

                                                         Round 1 Leader Board

The rest of the round went extremely well and it was an immense pleasure to play in front of galleries, paired with Staben and Quintarelli, who turned out to be great guys.  Given the difficult course, a first round of 69 put me in a 3-way tie for the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment