Friday, August 12, 2011

August 12 - Swiss International Round 1



Round one has finished.  A (-2) 69 puts me in T13 and only 3 off the lead.  My game was off but I was fortunate to get some good lies and managed to scratch together a competitive round.  Overall scoring for  the field was really solid in opinion, given you could best advance the ball ~50 meters if you missed the fairway.  These guys must hit it straighter than I gave them credit for.  A total of 37 players are at par or better.  The course suits my game really well - I'm looking forward to a chance to take it really low this weekend.
Round 2 is Saturday and those making the cut play 36 on Sunday.


On a side note - the women's Swiss Championship is being played in tandem with the mens.  The Italians, Swiss and the Swedes... as if golf wasn't tantalizing enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment