Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19 - European Tour Qualifying School Stage 1

Finally, the day has come.  I am in Berlin playing the first stage of Qualifying for the tour.   Starting tomorrow there are 96 at the start, and 4 rounds later, only the top 22 and ties will be accepted into stage 2 in Spain next month.




This is the most eclectic field I've ever encountered.  We are a mix of European pros, Americans, Asian players from the Asia tour and a handful of European amateurs all taking their shot at a European tour card.  In my first practice round, there were 4 languages spoken in my group; not German.

This past week I have worked harder and longer than ever before, coming from the disappointing performance at the German.  I have done everything imaginable to give myself the best preparation possible.  I have a 9:00 teetime which is perfect given how strong the winds have been in the afternoons.

Excited, confident, and hopeful.  Tomorrow I take on 95 other talented guys who have the same exact goal as I.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment