Monday, September 12, 2011

Sept 4 - The Club Championship

Every year the Club Championship is the biggest tournament my home club GC Olching hosts.  It brings all the members together for 4 days and it culminates in a large celebration that runs into the next morning.  Although this is not at the level of a European Tour event by any means, it has a lot of meaning to me because I get to play 4 rounds in front of all the members who provide tremendous support for me year round as I contend throughout Europe.



As usual, the tournament has its twists and turns.  My good friend Paddy Kopp, who has some serious talent, fires a course record 66 in round 1 and follows it up with a 71 in round 2.  I was 4 shots back with two rounds to go.  In the end it was a 3 man race between myself, Paddy and Lukas.  When I shifted gears one last time, I took a lead I wasn't giving back.  I shot 66 on Saturday and my season low 63 on Sunday to go 67 74 66 63 (-18) and win by a 12 shot margin.  The previous course record of 66 held for 12 years.  I hope my 63 stands even longer.    

Thank you Abby for recording a few of the highlights.  I have attached them below.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment